Saturday 1 September 2012

Lacock Abbey.

Last Wednesday I visited Lacock Abbey in Wiltshire to celebrate my Grandma's 70th birthday. The village was so cute and so typically British! We had such a lovely day, the weather stayed dry and was reasonably sunny. We all scoffed my homemade cupcakes and toasted my Grandma a happy 70th, it was so nice to see my Grandparents. They live about 200 miles away from me, in Norfolk and I hardly get to see them anymore, which is thoroughly crap to be honest.

On a cheerier note, since visiting Lacock Abbey I have been doing a fair bit of day dreaming about living in a quintessentially English village. I'm such a sucker for the old school British way of life, I love the idea of village shops and bakeries instead of huge chain stores. If I could live off of cream teas and apple crumble for the rest of my life - I would. I'm the most patriotic person I know, I love the UK, I don't think I could ever move away. 

Has anyone else visited Lacock Abbey, what did you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are so beautiful !! I`m totally fascinated with this "old school british way of life" like you call it :) poorly i`ve never been to an old english village, only to London and stuff..
    Greetz from Germany
    http://the-petite-mademoiselle.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! If you ever come back to the UK you should visit the Cotswolds! It's lovely there and so very British :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great blog !! We can follow each other !

    http://ilovefashion-s.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...