Saturday 6 August 2011

July Favourites!

I've been a bit MIA on the blogging front recently, been very busy with my family. My Great Nan unfortunately passed away last week, at the grand age of 97. Her birthday was in September, she was so close to 98! I'm so proud of her, she was the center of our family, she'll always be remembered for her grace, her love for her family and how she always smelt of lavender :).

On a cheerier note, I have also been tinkering about with makeup as usual and fallen have in love with a few products this month. First off the beauty products...

Last month, I was addicted to using Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara. The wand is sooo tiny and makes your bottom lashes appear super long and defined. It lasts for ages without smudging too! Mine is in Black. It cost me £10.00 - bargain for what it is, i think!


Next up, is Jemma Kidd's Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss in Coral. I really love this lipgloss, its soft, smooth and just plain lovely. The colour is perfect for summer and the packaging is gorgeous. And to top it all off? I got it free in Red magazine a little while ago. It retails at £14.00.


I've been loving pastel nail polishes for while now but last month I became hooked. Especially to this one, Barry M's Nail Paint in Mint Green. It looks so summery and pretty. It cost me £2 :).
  
VO5's give me texture instant oomph powder is amazing. I have been LOVING this. My hair is naturally poker straight, thin and pretty lifeless. But, one shake of this product into my roots and a quick ruffle - my hair is volumized and poofy. One downside to this product, once you've used it you can definitely feel the product in your hair. Personally I couldn't leave my hair for a day or two without a wash if I could feel product in my hair. So, for those of you who wash your hair every few days, I wouldn't recommend it. But it's perfect for adding oompf for a night out. It cost me £4.00.

Now for some non-beauty favourites...

Bookwise, i've been loving Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I decided to re-read it before the film came out, which leads me to my favourite film of July... I freaking loved Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2!!!! I love all the Harry Potter books and films, to be truly honest, I have a bit of an obsession with them :).

Musicwise, i've been listening to quite a lot lately but mainly Ten Thousand Voices. They're seriously awesome. I'm a bit of a metal head so they're maybe not to everyone's taste but their talent is obvious :) My boyfriend happens to be part of this band (he's one of the guitarists), i'm sure they'd all be very grateful if you'd take a look... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ten-Thousand-Voices/208001005903700

Foodwise, i've been munching on Party Rings. Probably too much, but oh well.

Thank you for reading!

Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. Really sorry to hear about your Great Nan, hope you're ok! I definitely need to try out that VO5 thing if it's as good as you say :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think you're addicted to Harry Potter. I dreamt that I went to Hogwart's last night!!!

    Ally xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...